Saturday, November 20, 2010

Pumpkin tarte - Trader Joe's

I bought one yesterday; last year's was excellent.

There is nothing on the package about how best to store it, especially if one wants it to keep until Thanksgiving.

So I picked up the receipt when I got home and the phone. Alas, no phone on the receipt. I had had this problem perhaps 6 months ago and when I mentioned it in calling, the person on the other end seemed surprised and said that they would fix the problem.

When I looked up the number and called this time, the person on the other end said they were "working on it", and something about it not being an issue that could be addressed at the store level. I told him that was not the answer I expected.

Imagine if he had said, "this is a problem that frustrates us at the store, too, and I will call our corporate technology people again and tell them that yet another customer has complained.". That would have shown that the guy was really listening to me instead of trying to get rid of me.

In any case, the pumpkin tarte.

I asked what the recommendation was, and he proceeded to tell me what he does or would do. I told him I really was not interested in what he did but rather in what Trader Joe's recommends. He said Trader Joe's says do whatever you like.

Irritating? You bet. Bad taste? Absolutely. A need to Trader Joe's to focus on customer relations at the Chapel Hill store? Apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment