Saturday, December 18, 2010

Harris-Teeter

I had to do some quick shopping yesterday at Harris-Teeter and was disappointed by the experience.One of the items that I wanted to purchase were turnovers. In the bakery display case, they had a tray with both cherry and apple turnovers. The tray did not have a divider. Seeing only the word cherry, I selected three of them, and then realized that I did not know which I had picked.

After some delay, I managed to get the attention of someone behind the counter. He asked three people, and they could not answer the question. After consuming some minutes, I retrieved the turnovers that the employee had taken, and told him that I did not have time for him to consult a fourth person.

What I got to the checkout, I explained that I only wanted to buy the three turnovers if they were cherry. I mentioned the problem with the undivided tray, and the delay in getting no answer. I got no response.

Having made the suggestion of dividing the tray, I would have expected a customer-oriented supermarket to give me some impression that they might act upon that suggestion. Receiving none, I declined to buy the turnovers.

I assume that they threw them away.

What a waste of customer interest and food!

No comments:

Post a Comment