Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Babeth's Feast

My note to them today....

"I am a native New Yorker who now lives a total of about 6 months in Nice and the rest of the year in North Carolina. We have had a home in France for more than 30 years, and what has struck me is how much more interesting and appealing frozen foods are in France than here, especially at a chain like Picard. I saw the mention of your business in the NYTimes today and I just thought I would send you a note wondering why what you are doing has not taken hold in the US on a much larger and national scale the way it has in France. In Nice, there are many Picards, frozen food delivery serivces and amply stocked supermarket and small shop freezers, but not here. It's not even a question of quality, and I remain baffled why we don't see shops springing up to meet the very demand you describe in your profile. Perhaps you will lead the way! Bon courage!"




No comments:

Post a Comment