Wednesday, November 6, 2013

How little we know about the food we eat

I am struck every day by how little we really know about almost all of the food most of us eat. Food labels are worth only the plastic on which most of them are printed. I am not just talking health and safety; what do we know about all of the many other variables that affect all we eat from the people who created or grew the food to those who transported it to the way we or someone else prepares that food. It is astonishing that we put so many things into our bodies knowing so little about any of it. When on a Jet Blue flight yesterday, I was reminded of this as I watched some other passengers squinting to read the fine print on the bags of junk food handed out in flight. Did they really find what they wanted to know, I asked myself? I'll never know the answer!

No comments:

Post a Comment