Monday, March 8, 2010

Lactaid milk

I called the 1-800-LACTAID number today because I had inadvertently left some Lactaid milk out of the fridge for longer than normal. Well, I had to go through a bit of a phone tree - and the annoying "all our representatives are busy now (doing whatever they do and not mentioning that the antidote to that problem is to hire more people to do the job!), but on balance the wait was acceptable and the person on the phone really was helpful. Don't worry, she said - because of the UHT treatement of the milk, it should be fine, since it had not yet been opened.

This gave me a chance to offer some feedback on one of their products and she seemed genuinely interested and reassuring in saying that she would pass it along.

I wonder what percentage of purchasers of products wind up in such conversations and what the overall value/effect of this is. She wanted to know where I had found the number.

She asked for no other information, and I sure would like to know what happens to the fact of my call and what we discussed.......

No comments:

Post a Comment