Wednesday, June 15, 2011

North Carolina Sweet Potato Commission

There is nothing here that I can see - and no search option - that explains the extent to which NC sweet potato growers also grow tobacco. Apparently, most of them do, and I find that horribly offensive. My next move is to look for NC sweet potatoes grown by farmers who do not grow tobacco. I don't want to support tobacco farming in any way and it is offensive that some tax dollars still do that.

When I asked the Commission about sweet potato growers who do NOT grow tobacco, I received this response from Sue LANGDON:

"Thank you for your inquiry.  Since the Commission is commodity specific as to its membership I do not know the other crops which the sweet potato growers plant.  To my knowledge there are no public statistics that will give you the information you are seeking."

No comments:

Post a Comment